Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all offers and agreements made by Thomas Blackwell for the engagement of an event or production. Any deviation from these General Terms and Conditions shall only be permitted when agreed to in writing by all parties.
An agreement shall come into existence when the Client has accepted an offer made by Thomas Blackwell. To confirm, Thomas will send the Client an agreement that will be signed and returned within five days upon receipt.
Prices and payment
All prices exclude all taxes, travel, accommodation and expenses, unless otherwise mentioned. The Client must pay the full fees that are agreed upon within 10 days prior to the first date of appearance. Payment shall be made directly to Thomas Blackwell. Should the Client be late or fail completely to make payment, then the Client shall be held negligent by law. Thomas Blackwell is then authorized to discontinue all obligations agreed upon in the agreement or to wholly terminate the agreement. Thomas withholds the right to receive the redress of any damages or claims.
Conditions permitted to the performance of the Speaker
The Client shall make sure that the venue is appropriately lit and ventilated, and shall be suitable for the Speaker presentation. The Client shall fully indemnify Thomas against any injury or damages arising out of or as a result of the event. The number of people attending the meeting, as mentioned in the agreement, is binding. If the number of attendees exceeds this number, Thomas has the right to either cancel the engagement or to attach further Terms and Conditions.
Absence of the Speaker/Specialist
If Thomas has to withdraw from the speaking arrangement due to sickness, an emergency, an important engagement of professional responsibility or other unforeseeable circumstances, Thomas shall:
• Reschedule the performance in consultation with the Client, or
• Will provide a substitute of equal skill in consultation with the Client, in which case the possible higher or lower fees shall be discussed with the Client beforehand; or
• If Thomas and the Client cannot come to an agreement, it will be agreed to terminate the agreement with refund of any payments paid in advance.
• If Thomas is delayed for reasons beyond his control, but arrives and gives the full presentation, the fees and Speaker’s expenses shall be due in full.
The Client is allowed to cancel the Agreement partially or in full before or at the latest on the first agreed date of appearance, in which case he will owe the following cancellation costs:
• If notice from the client is received by Thomas 15 days or less prior to the first date of engagement; 100% of the agreed fees.
• If notice from the client is received by Thomas more than 16 but 30 days or less prior to the date of the first date of engagement; 75% of the agreed fees.
• If notice from the client is received by Thomas more than 31 days prior to the first date of engagement; 50% of the agreed fees.
Thomas is justified to terminate the agreement immediately when the Client:
• Falls short of his duties.
• Files for bankruptcy or is filed bankrupt.
• Applies for an official moratorium or receives suspension of payment.
• Sells his business or liquidates it.
Cancellation of the agreement must take place in writing.
Thomas is allowed to mention all speaking assignments, unless the Client explicitly requests not to be mentioned.
Information on the website of Thomas Blackwell, including photo material, may be used by the Client to promote the event. Thomas can provide extra material (photographs, press folder) if available. The conditions shall be agreed upon separately. No recordings (sound or video) shall be made during the Speaker event, without Thomas’s express prior written consent. Thomas’s name and likeness may not be used as an endorsement of any product or service or for any advertising or other commercial purpose other than the event itself, without Thomas’s express prior written consent.